Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Interesting things I've been researching

These things pertain to my life and so I find researching them to be empowering and interesting.
I have found a school for my husband in Texas, pushed too hard, backed off, then he got excited (in his way), was then told he had too many credits and didn't qualify. I emailed them his transcripts and pointed out that half of his credits were not college level and those that were, he was failing or very nearly so. They are now reviewing his transcripts and application and we should hear soon what their decision is. (PLEASE!!!!???)
In the past, I never went fishing. My family just weren't in to it and so I never went until last summer. I now LOVE to fish! Yesterday, my hubby bought me my very first fishing pole! He also got the kids their own and some of the accessories that we had been borrowing or doing without until now. Now, no matter where we go, we have a family activity that we all enjoy! In fact the kids are all in the other room right now pretending to catch HUGE fish! "Get the net! It is so big!"
I now am looking in to ballet for our daughter on one web page, the correlation between chronic pain and PTSD on another, local family friendly fishing on yet another, while typing here and waiting for the award of the Medal of Honor to come on on a different site.
As for the PTSD and chronic pain, there seems to be a big correlation between the 2 and Dr's are starting to realize that they have to treat both conditions since they seem to feed off of one another. A PTSD reaction may cause muscular pain as the adrenaline surges causing the muscles to tense, causing more pain.
" ...people with chronic pain may avoid activity because they fear the pain—avoiding activity can lead to physical de-conditioning and greater disability and pain over time. Similarly, people with PTSD may avoid reminders of the trauma. This avoidance of activity can lead to the continuation of PTSD symptoms while also contributing to greater physical disability." - Dr. Stephen F. Grinstead, LMFT, ACRPS, CADC-II Date: February 9th, 2009.
It is good for me to see this as my hubby is going to be going to a new therapist for 8 weeks to try and treat both of these conditions so that he might be able to keep moving forward in his progression. His pain very often gets in the way as we are trying to live our lives. It gets in the way of any plans that he tries to make for us to do activities and then that makes him upset which makes him generally more irritable and volatile and more likely to get angry at us and yell when all of it started with him waking up in excruciating pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment