Monday, July 18, 2011

What can I control...

I look at my life and I am happy. I have 3 incredible kids, a wonderful husband and so many blessings. Sometimes though, I get caught up in PLANNING. It is definitely a blessing and a curse as I research and make plans. I am still waiting to hear from the Wounded Warrior Project about school for Steven. I want it so very badly so that we can move away. Run away from home, if you will. San Antonio seems like such an amazing, adventurous, opportunity. I look at houses, I research schools, kung fu, Tai Chi, ballet, things for me to do, things for Steven to do, activities for the kids, church, and all sorts of other things. I have neglected housework as I day dream about our life there in the sun. This happens more on days that feel out of control here. When I am not sure about how our life here is working out, I look and dream. None of this is in my sole control though and I should focus my energy on life here in front of me.... but I continue to sit and day dream about owning our own house with an acre or more of land, the activities that we could do, meeting new people, gardening all year long, hot weather, just all sorts of things!
So, now what can I control that will get me moving again? I can get ready for a garage sale in 2 weeks. I can sort out the kids clothes so that we know what we actually need to buy them for the school year. I can do dishes and make my home cleaner. I can finish all the projects that I started; the back patio, the garden, the mail box, Ramsay's vest.... so many projects and yet all I want to do is read my book and make plans that may never happen... Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment